Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dealing With Beauty Emergencies

Beauty emergency? Gotta deal with it quick? Here's some tips.

Greasy hair:

Someone's coming over and your hair is dripping with grease! No time to wash your hair either. If you have light hair, put baby powder on the greasy parts of your head, then brush out. I have dark hair and I've barely gotten away with this. I just had to brush even more!

Other time, I just touch my hair up by putting gel on it. Your hair isn't greasy! It is gel! I pull it back or put it up too.

A pimple:

Tea tree oil the night before. Gently squeeze the offending pimple if it has a head. Conceal. I just use more foundation in that area. Don't cake it up too much though! Don't mess around with the pimple too much. It might get bigger. Some people swear by crushing aspirin, making a paste with water, and putting the mixture on a pimple. Relax, your life hasn't ended, and pimples are common anyways. You won't be a freak.

Remember to use face lotion before putting on foundation, or your skin will look too flaky, and your makeup will look too powdery and fake.

Frizz:

When I have frizz issues, I use either a bit of olive oil (or you'll have to take care of greasy hair), conditioner, or aloe vera gel. Aloe vera gel is also great as a hair gel. Water alone actually does pretty well on my hair.

Split ends:

Just snip your split ends, or go for a tiny trim.

Nail polish issues:

Just did your nails, got distracted, and now you have fingerprints or other marks? If there are no chips or spaces without polish, just use clear polish over your nail. Now it will look fresh and the prints are gone!

Greasy face:
Sometimes my face is unbearably greasy. I just run to the Ladies' room and pat the shiny areas. Put powder on afterwards.

Stray facial hairs:

Seriously, if you have stray facial hair, and it drives you crazy, you need tweezers. Multiple tweezers. At home, at school, in your car, etc. oh, and same with nail files for nail emergencies.

Impromptu picture:

Besides cursing under your breath, you can comb your hair a little, dab on a bit of foundation, maybe a bit of lipstick quickly to give your face color, and voila!

Or do your best pose, and smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment