Monday, June 29, 2009

Product Review: Twink Beauty

I'm hoping that by reviewing products I'll introduce you guys to products you wouldn't normally try.

So I recently ordered from Twink Beauty on Etsy. The customer service was fantastic and the products arrived within a fortnight, from the US, which is great!

I ordered a sample of feather dust finishing powder, and a lip stain. Very generously they threw in three eyeshadow samples.

The lip stain was Vamp, and is a gorgeous red colour. I snapped a pic for you guys. The stain does not give the same effect as a lipstick would, no layer over the lips. It doesn't really feel like you're wearing anything and is not a super intense colour, but is really beautiful and probably won't end up rubbing off on everything your lips touch! I'm afraid this picture is not dreadfully accurate, it's not uneven but I just snapped a really crap picture and my battery died before I could get a better one. Sorry! It's a really nice colour and goes on well with fingers or a lip brush.

Photobucket

The finishing powder is beautiful, it gives a really smooth finish to the skin and is nice and translucent, so it doesn't end up just putting more colour over your foundation, but it seals it all nicely. It's a great finish and I'm really pleased, I'll have to order a proper pot of it once my current powder runs out.

The eyeshadows are really the best thing though, in my opinion. They are beautiful beautiful colours. I got Seagrass, Cocoa and Coral. They all have a beautiful subtle shimmer to them, each with a goldish glitter. It's really pretty and the colours are really super pigmented, you only need a tiny amount. I swatched them on the back of my hand, over my Mac Beige-ing shadestick, to let you guys get an idea of them. I wish the shimmer showed up in the pics

Photobucket

So, ratings....

Customer service: 10/10!
Eyeshadows: 10/10, they deliver exactly what you expect.
Lip Stain: 7/10, I wish the stain was a little deeper, but it feels conditioning on the lips.
Finishing Powder: 9/10, it seems great but I want to use it a little more to get more of a feel for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment