Sunday, June 28, 2009

Product Review: Avon Kajal Sticks

I recently treated myself to some new eyeliners. They were on sale, so I figured "eh, why not?" and got the Avon Kajal Stick in Black, Silver and Purple.

I've used them twice now. I love the silver, so so much. It goes on really smoothly, doesn't drag, and really highlights beautifully. I've been using it on my waterline and it really opens the eye up. Highly highly recommended.

The black doesn't go on QUITE as smoothly, but it's not bad at all. These are pretty soft feeling, moreso than other eyeliners I've used, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The black looks really nice on the lower lash line if you then blend it out with a brush to make it smoky.

As for the purple, I'm not quite so impressed. I've not tried it on my waterline, but it didn't go onto my upper lid smoothly at all. Like, it basically seemed to hate me. It dragged and the colour wasn't even no matter how much blending I did. So that sucks, because I was hoping it would be awesome.

A good plus for these is they are ridiculously long so they're bound to last a long time, and are well worth actually getting an eye pencil sharpener for. I'm surely not the only person who just throws away a liner pencil when it gets too blunt to use. This might be evidence of how cheap and crappy my previous liner pencils were, haha!

I was going to rate these altogether, but I'll rate them by colour.

Silver: 10/10
Black: 8/10
Purple: 4/10

I hope this was helpful to some of you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment