Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Hi guys, I'm Cali!

So, Havana and I decided we should introduce ourselves, but we wanted to keep things as topical as possible so we're going to talk about our skin and haircare routines and our favourite products!

So, first I should tell you about my skin and hair types. My skin is combination, with incredibly oily areas and ridiculously dry areas. My hair is mid-back length, wavy and thick. For anyone who knows hair types I'm 2c/m/iii.

My skin care routine I try to keep simple, but it keeps getting more and more complicated. All my skin care products are from Lush at the moment. As it is I try to use a face mask once a fortnight, normally Cupcake though I've recently been converted to their Love Lettuce mask which is just awesome. I use Coalface as my cleanser, Tea Tree Water toner, Grease Lightning spot treatment and Enzymion moisturiser. Between them these products control my grease and acne fairly well, without drying my skin out.

My hair care routine is very simple, mostly because I've become very very lazy with it and suddenly my hair is ridiculously co-operative without me needing to beat it into submission! I use Reincarnate shampoo, by Lush, which is so conditioning I rarely need conditioner. When I do I use Lush's Jungle solid conditioner. My colour is by Schwarzkopf, and is I think number 043, Red Passion. But I could be wrong on the number, I have the memory of a goldfish.

My foundation is Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in Fairly Light.

3 beauty related items I could not live without:
1) My nail file. It's a ruby stone by Trim and I use it pretty much every day to keep my nails in shape.
2) Mascara! My current mascara of choice is Plush Lash from MAC.
3) Bubble bath... we all need a little pampering!

My top 3 products:
1) MAC's Shadestick in Beige-ing. I use it as my primer and it goes on smoothly with a nice subtle sparkle.
2) Sweet Lips Sugar Scrub from Be Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. This stuff gently scrubs the dead skin off your lips whilst tasting fantastic!
3) Vanilla DeLite body lotion from Lush. This stuff smells totally delicious!

My top 3 brands:
1) MAC.
2) Lush.

Hopefully in our coming posts we'll be able to bring you reviews, tips and tricks, tutorials and beauty advice!

Calico Kellas, signing off. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment